The Castle Singers formed in 1994 from the old Wirral Choral Society.
We are a mixed choir, with around 40 voices. Our repertoire is very varied and includes sacred music, folk songs, songs from the shows.
We meet for practice on Mondays from 19:30 to 21:30 at the United Reformed Church next to Tesco in Heswall. We are always delighted to welcome new members, please contact us if you would like to come along to one of our rehearsals.
We sing to raise money for charity and because we enjoy singing. Since the choir formed we have raised over £150,000 for various charities. If you represent a charity and would like us to give a concert to raise funds for your organisation, please contact us. Our services are free.
Our practices are temporarily suspended at present due to the coronavirus. All our planned concerts in 2020 have had to be postponed until 2021.
- to provide an opportunity for those who enjoy choral singing to meet regularly for that purpose
- to encourage members to develop their singing skills through regular practice
- to perform at least two major concerts each year in order to raise money for local charities
- to perform incidental concerts in other venues on an ad hoc basis as requested by local charitable organisations
- to engage, through membership of the National Association of Choirs, in other associated activities as and when they arise.
Tribute to Gill Broadbere
She loved the choir as a family and was always very caring about every member. Her hard work producing at least three concerts a year will never be forgotten. Our sympathies are with the Broadbere family.
Meanwhile the choir is continuing under the very experienced guidance by Musical Director David Semans (Gill’s son-in-law) and accompanist Melanie Lewis.